OK...so today is a better day. I don't think, No... I KNOW that I'm not the only person that feels lonely and disconnected at our church. And other places too, I'm sure. Everyone is so busy and caught up in their own life and survival, that no one really makes time for anything else. We hardly have time for our own immediate family. Let's face it...they have to come 1st. So this begs the question, "What are we doing with our lives that is so important that we have stopped being friends with people we love?" I mean, I know that no one intentionally stops being friends, but we just don't have the time or energy it takes to do the things it takes to be friends on a deeper level. Emailing and texting back and forth doesn't get it for deep relationships. I'm a face to face type of person. Friendships are made by spending quality T-I-M-E and not many people do that anymore. How can we when we are dashing to and from one activity to another, albeit a good activity, even church. We cut our Wed. night church because we needed a night that we weren't running somewhere. We have soccer on WEd. nights anyway until soccer season is over. We all want our kids to have a meaningful sports/extra-curricular activities, but at what cost to our family and our lives? If we aren't being with other people, then how can we love them? And aren't we here to 'LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE'?
Any suggestions for how to fix this problem?
Personally, I like a simple life. I don't like running around all over the place. But, I think a lot of us try to stay busy, because when we get a free minute, we stop and think. And thinking is not pleasant sometimes. We start to evaluate our life and that is painful at times. So...if we are too busy to think deep thoughts then we don't have to deal with our JUNK that is under the surface. I've had some free time lately, and let me tell you, it's not very pretty to evaluate your life. You realize you are full of sin! But then, we must always return to the cross of Christ. That's why He came and died and Rose again. To save us and redeem our lives! There is HOPE. He is the only hope we have. Thank you Jesus for your love and your redemption of my mess of a life. You can redeem anything and make it bring glory to your Name. AMEN!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
beth,
i have felt this way too. i also realized that i just have to pick up the phone. i used to wait for others to call me, and it didn't happen. the only thing is, it's even hard to have a normal phone conversation with little ones asking stuff and arguing. so sadly, i end up doing this...writing on blogs b/c i can type a quick note here and there. ive been thinking about you and couldnt believe i didnt know why you were going to nyc! let me know if youd like to get together, coffee? lunch? shopping? love ya
jen
Beth...I got to you through Jennifer's blog. Anyway, I totally understand how you're feeling. Jeremy and I experienced the same thing and still are to a certain degree. We were SO involved...something every night it seemed...and then once we had Molly life definitely slowed down. Then we had Lauren, and now we have Charlotte and ...you get where I'm going with this :) When I think about what happened I think a lot of it was my own fault. Rather than initiating through my circumstances, I just allowed my circumstances to take over and before you know it, we were totally disconnected. It seems like it happened overnight!
Also, I found it hard to maintain those deeper relationships because everyone's schedule is so busy...a lot of times people grab on to a few couples and go from there!
I would really encourage you to take the lead and initiate. Don't wait for others to invite your family to places...decide who you want to be close to and hound them to death :)
I really miss all those friendships and hope you will love on them enough for the Scott's and the Brown's :)
Thanks for keeping it real!!
Post a Comment