I just spent the last several minutes reading Hope's lastest blog and I actually listened to Alaina's funeral, the part where Billy talked. I knew it would be hard to listen to it. I sobbed through it the 1st time and I did again as I listened. But I remembered how much truth was in Billy's words and I wanted to hear them again. I have never seen such a living example of what it is to walk in Faith as I have in Billy and Hope through this hard journey they are on. They have suffered so much loss and pain as I could never comprehend, and yet their faith in God is so STRONG. Only Christ could give them the strength to live as they are. I'm not putting them on a pedestal. I know they aren't perfect, but I'm just so encouraged to see how God has held them in His hand. And yes, they HAVE cried and hurt and bled for their loss and for their children's loss. But, they continue to submit to Christ. It is amazing to me and such a witness for what Christ can and will do in our lives through suffering if we only allow Him to.
I pray that God will help me to have the same attitude toward things in my life that are hard. Most of the time, I fight against pain and suffering. It's a normal response. But, I am encouraged by Billy and Hope's ex. to obey God and worship Him through pain and suffering. I have never known anything like the suffering they are going through. But if God can carry them through something like this, surely I can allow God to work in me in my small hardships. I don't have anything to compare to what they have suffered. God gives us the grace we need for what we are in at the time. God has given and will continue to give Hope and Billy the grace they need to go through every day. I hope that I can walk in His will with the same courage and humility and submission as they have shown. They are truly an inspiration to us all.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment