THE SCOTTS

THE SCOTTS
DISNEY 2008

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BACK FROM NEW YORK

So... I'm back from New York. It was amazing. Although I didn't get to really see the city, I loved it! The extent of my adventure in the city included the 1 and 1/2 hour train ride from Long Island to Penn Station in Midtown Manhatten, cab rides and walking to and from the hospital every day AND NIGHT!, and shopping in the incredible patisserie 'Le Pain Quotidien'. Best pastery shop ever!! I stopped there almost everyday and got waffles , REAL Belgium waffles with pearls of sugar inside, for Sheri and I to munch on when we got a free second. I also went into a very small deli/grocery and got bagels a couple of times. It is amazing how different the city is from anything we know here. There is no where like NEW YORK CITY!

I want to go back sometime when I can just enjoy the city. Of course, I wasn't on a pleasure trip. I was there to help Sheri with Tyler. And I did. It felt good to be able to be there with them. Although it was very hard to see Tyler suffer so much, it was good to be a part of them. I feel like part of the family now. I know it helps to have someone else there. Those walls start to close in after a while and she can't leave Tyler unless someone else is with him. And even then, he starts to really ask for her and want her when she's gone. She can't leave for long. It's hard to even have the freedom to get a shower!
He's coming home tomorrow!! Praise God. I am so grateful. OF course, so are they. They have been there for over 3 WEEKS!!! I don't know how Sheri is doing it. God's grace alone.
Well, that's all for now. I have to be Mom again, and go fix dinner! :)

No comments: