
Ahhh to be 13 again.... NOT!!! No thanks! I survived that once already and I don't think you could pay me enough money to go through it again!
As strange as it seems, I actually have a 13 year old living under my roof. Yes, a for real teenager. With all the fun that goes along with it. Well, I do have to say that we are only at the beginning of this journey of "teenagerhood" and so far, it is not too bad. We have sort of grown into it I guess. God, in His great Sovereignty, has seen fit to give me a wonderful daughter that is not in the 'teen scene' yet. Thanks be to God! She doesn't seem to care about the superficial things that most teens are chasing after. I don't know if this is just a result of a slow onset or if she just really is 'over' that. Except that she never has been into it at all.
This has actually set her apart from most of the girls her age, older and younger. It has been hard for her to say the least, but God is sufficient and He has been her strength in these times. I think it has helped her to have a deeper relationship with Him and I am eternally thankful.
I was thinking about these things as I posted this picture of her in her dress for the Swingdance at our church. I put it on Facebook for her Aunt to see because she is the one who bought her the beautiful silk dress for Christmas! I thought that I should write about it here, since most of my friends don't have children this age yet. I know it is hard to comprehend, but it happens before you know it. I still have a hard time thinking of her as a teenager. When I think of what I thought about at that age, it FRIGHTENS me!!! I thought I was Soooooooooooo grown up. I'm sure she feels some of that too, and it is hard for me to see her in that way, but that's ok for now. But I also know for a fact that Lindsey is in a different place than I was at that age. And that's good. She doesn't have to grow up quite so fast. I'll take it!! For as long as I can!
Anyway, enough of my soap box....I thought this picture was adorable and shows what a pretty young lady Lindsey is growing up to be. I wanted to share with you all!
God Bless!




1 comment:
she is such pretty young lady and i know that you are so proud that she loves the Lord like she does. can't wait to see her new room. does she like the duvet?
Post a Comment