Russ and Paige, my brother and sister-in-law Oct. 2008
Russ, Paige and Tripp, Thanksgiving 2008
I'm down this week. I guess it's just because my brother is in so much pain. If you haven't heard, my brother, Russ, was in a boating accident last Thurs.and has 2nd degree burns on his back. I was up there this weekend to help and just seeing him suffer in pain was so hard.
What's worse is I know now that he is in even worse pain than he was when I was there. The treatments they are doing in Physical Therapy are excrutiating. He is healing though. I don't think any of us knew it was going to be so slow and painful. I know people tell you that, but at first it wasn't too bad so we were lulled into thinking it was gonna stay that way. Please God let it be soon that his pain level is reduced each day instead of increased.
I do have to be thankful and I AM that he IS going to be ok and that he will heal from this. It could have been so much worse. All the police who investigated said he is lucky to be alive. Well, I know luck has nothing to do with it and that God has His hand on my brother and that this too has a purpose.
I'm reminded right now as I sit here that, "though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be Your Name". I love that song. How cool that it came to mind just as I am typing this.
'when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say,
Blessed be the Name of the Lord, Blessed Be Your Name...'





1 comment:
awesome song! i know it has to be terrible knowing that someone you love so much is in pain! hope he gets relief soon!
Post a Comment