Ok, I know it's been a little over a month since we went, but May was crazy! Rich had to go to a NAFA convention in Las Vegas. NAFA stands for National Air Filtration Association. I was hoping that Jason and Lucy would go too, but since they had just gone to Disney, they opted not to.
We got off to a slow start with a total of 5 hours of delays in airports due to a major thunderstorm in Houston, TX, but we arrived safe and sound - at 4am Vegas time!! We got up a little after 6 the same morning to go to b'fast with a friend who was giving us the keys to his cabin in Utah.
We drove through some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Rich and I had neither one seen anything like it. We got to Brian Head, UT and arrived to 8ft. snow drifts!! I have never seen that kind of snow before in my life. It was incredible. We had lots of fun. Rich got altitude sickness unfortunately, resulting in a whoping migraine headache that lasted for a full day. Once we got off the mountain, it gradually got better.
We left Brain Head and headed to Zion National Park in Springdale, UT. I'm telling you, I never knew UT had anything beautiful in it, but I was AMAZED! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. We spent one night there in a hotel called Flannigan's.
Then we headed back to Vegas. Once we got there, we checked into the incredibly beautiful 'Venetian'. We were able to stay there because once again, our friend from Vegas knew someone on staff and we got a normal rate for what is normally astronomically expensive. Again, I'll let the pics tell the story of our suite with marbled floor and walls in our bathroom!
The rest of the time out there, Rich worked all day and I hung out and just went to the pool or the mall that was connected to our hotel. We did get to go see a show, The Phantom, which was playing at our hotel. We almost got to see Elton John's last night in Vegas, but the show was sold out.
We had a great time and we are so thankful to my parents who kept the kids for us while we were gone. Hope you enjoy the pictures. They are in the next post.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment